Most software developers must be able to relate to this fact whenever the subject of Android and iOS Development arises it must be unsettling for you. Android and iOS development techniques are world-apart from each other. Not only that but their configuration and marketing techniques are also different. There are minor similarities between these two but the differences always outnumber them.
That's why today we are going to discuss five main differences between iOS and Android mobile development.
1. Language Development of Android and iOS:- Even as a normal smartphone user you must be aware of Java. This is the programming language for developing apps for android phones. But for Java, you have to write down several codes which will take a lot of your time. Where Swift is an iOS app development programming language. You only write down a few codes and the writing pace is also quicker.You don't spend a lifetime developing an iOS app. But now to make android app developers life easy Kotlin was introduced as the programming language and it gives swift a tough competition.
2. Android and iOS Application Development Cost:- You can develop as many apps you want and it won't cost you a penny. There is not a vast difference between Android and iOS app development regarding the cost. They provide you free application services and reports. App development will only cost if you are hiring an app designer otherwise app coding is free.
You can even develop an app for Android and iOS phones if that's what you want. But you will be able to witness the difference when you upload your application on their platform. If you are uploading an app for the iOS platform they will charge you$100 yearly. But if you upload the app for the Android platform you only have to pay once and their fees are low costing you only $25. But be prepared if your app doesn't live up to their expectations and doesn't perform well there will be no refunding.
3. Approval of Application for both Platforms:- Apple is a big name in the tech world so they are always careful with everything before presenting it to their customers. If you are developing an application for iOS then you should know that the waiting process for approval is long. A team of specialists will check if your application is up to the mark to be uploaded on their platform and if it doesn't fit their expectations then your app will be rejected.
But that's not the case with Android apps. There are some automatic tests set up by the Google play store which your app has to pass. Google even lets you upload an error-filled app since later you can fix them as the app developer. So the process of uploading Android apps is much easier than iOS apps.
4. Target Audience of Android and iOS:- Throughout the year's everyone witnesses the loyalty of the iOS audience to them the cost doesn't matter they will always come back to purchase the updated version. But since, Android is affordable and easy for the common man to buy. The selling level of Android phones is much higher and they hold a dominant hand in the share market.
5. Design standard of Android and iOS:- iOS provides both their developers and customers a neat platform to upload apps and to purchase their products. But with time Google is also updating its policy regarding modest designs and trying to set up some strict rules. To develop an app for both platforms you must follow their rules and regulations.
It entirely depends on your skill set which platform would be better for you and your app. Your app design idea might fail iOS standards but it might excel on the Google app store and be useful for android users.